UNH Exchange Email Account FAQ

Who can get an Exchange Email account?
Exchange Email accounts are available to ACTIVE faculty and staff at UNH and UNHM, faculty Emeritus, as well as staff at GSC. If you have questions regarding your ACTIVE status with the University, employees can contact Human Resources at 603-862-0501 and students can contact the Registrar's Office at 603-862-1500.


How do I get an account?
UNH AD and Exchange accounts are automatically created for most new faculty and staff. The accounts will be created within one business day of the employee's start date. If an Exchange account it not automatically created, it can be requested through the Accounts Management System. (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer).


How do I change my password?
Exchange uses your AD username and password. You can change your AD password inside the Accounts Management System using the "Change Password" button on the home page. (Note: Do Not Use Internet Explorer).


What do I do if I forgot my password?
You can use the Log in Help self service application to reset your password if you have forgotten your password or your password does not work.


How do I access my account?
Exchange Email is accessible via Outlook on the Web at https://exchangeonline.unh.edu or through an installed Microsoft Outlook desktop client.


How do I configure my Exchange email?
Exchange Online Resources is a set of instructions for installation and configuration of email clients to connect to our UNH Exchange Server.


Can I change my email address?
Clients looking for modifications to their Exchange Email accounts should make sure their preferred name is updated in HR. To check how you appear in HR's records, go to Accounts Management System and log in with your username and password. On the left hand side there is a section for "IT accounts Name Change Request". If your name is not updated please follow the on screen instructions.


When do Exchange accounts get disabled?
The Human Resources employee termination process is directly related to disabling of computer accounts. On an employee's termination date their Exchange Email account will be automatically disabled. If you want an account disabled prior to an employee leaving the University, please call the UNH IT Service Desk at 862-4242. More information on the deactivation of computer accounts.

If you are having trouble running Outlook, try running the Microsoft SARA diagnostics tool.


Article ID: 696
Fri 7/19/19 5:32 PM
Sat 10/16/21 9:23 AM
Applicable Institution(s):
University of New Hampshire (UNH)