Canvas: Requesting course extension for incomplete coursework


This article describes how to request an extension in Canvas to allow students and faculty to finish incomplete work or grading.


Students with incomplete coursework 

Students have 4 weeks after a course end-date to complete their coursework before the course becomes read-only/inactive in Canvas.

If a student, received an incomplete grade and needs more than 4 weeks to complete all their outstanding work, faculty should complete the Canvas web support form here: Canvas webform  to request the course remain active for the student(s) who are still completing work.  This will allow the course to be read-only/inactive for all students who have completed the course while allowing full access and functionality for you and students still working on the course material.

Note:  Please include course name and course number and student name(s) in the Additional Details window on the support form.

Need additional help?

Please fill out this Canvas webform with as much detail as possible, or contact the ET&S Help Desk team on your local campus.

0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 971
Fri 7/19/19 5:44 PM
Fri 10/9/20 9:45 AM
Applicable Institution(s):
Granite State College (GSC)
Keene State College (KSC)
Plymouth State University (PSU)
University of New Hampshire (UNH)