Xtender: View Student and Admissions Documents in WebCat

This tip is for faculty members or advisers who need to view admissions and student documents via WebCat.

Student and admissions documents such as transcripts, grade reports, petitions, photos, record change forms, student profile sheet, etc. are stored in Xtender. If you have an Xtender account, you can access those documents by logging directly into Xtender. However, if you don't have an Xtender account, or just wish to use WebCat, you can also view those documents from within WebCat. 

To view student and admissions documents in WebCat:

  1. Confirm you are logged into the VPN. 
  2. Log into WebCat. 
  3. From the Faculty Services menu, select Term Selection. 
    WebCat Faculty Services Menu
  4. Select / confirm the appropriate term. 
  5. From the Faculty Services menu, select ID Selection. 
  6. Enter the appropriate student ID and confirm. 
  7. From the Faculty Services menu, select either Student Documents or Admissions Documents. 
  8. The student's documents will be displayed. 

  9. Select the document you'd like to view. Another browser window will open with that document. When you're done reviewing it, you can close the document window. 

    Note: If there is more than one document for the document type you select (for example, Grade Report), your WebCat window will change to show you a list of those documents. When you select one of the Display Document links, the document will open in a new browser window. When you're done reviewing it, close the document window and press the Back button in your WebCat browser window to return to the original list of documents. 

  10. If you'd like to review the documents in the other area (Admissions/Student Documents), use the Click Here link at the bottom of the WebCat screen to switch to the other area. 


Additional Information:

  • If you're looking for admissions documents (High School Transcript, College Transcript, Credit Evaluation) for incoming students before R+30, go to the Admissions Documents area. (After R+30, those documents are copied to the Student Documents area.) 
  • Otherwise, go to Student Documents. Everything else is in the Student Documents area (including all documents for current students, and the Student Profile Sheet for incoming students). 


For more tips on using Xtender, search for Xtender right here in the IT Knowledge Base.

If you have questions, please complete an online Document Management technical support form at https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=131 or call the IT Service Desk at (603) 862-4242. 


Article ID: 4025
Fri 5/28/21 11:34 AM
Mon 5/23/22 3:32 PM
Applicable Institution(s):
University of New Hampshire (UNH)